Monday, August 23, 2004

splash!

Whoa. So much time watching the Olympics! I came home Friday afternoon, and baked two cakes that night while watching Olympics coverage with Walter. Saturday, I baked three more cakes, and then Jack and Nita came over and we pieced them together in the shape of the Olympic rings. I used so much food coloring in these cakes that a couple of people have reported that their solid waste has had a rather strange green tinge to it. Ew. But, the green cake is so awesome--funfetti with funfetti frosting, all dyed a fantastic green color. The lemon cake was oh-so-tasty, the chocolate was intense, and the blueberry cake was interesting (and very blue, thanks to a lot of food-coloring). However, the red cake was disgusting--I found the recipe in my cookbook for Red Waldorf cake, and it was called 'best loved', but I should have known that it would be bad since it required vinegar and sour milk :( However, it was very red, and it fit the need for a red cake, and we really can't eat five cakes anyway, so I might as well throw that one out. So, people came over last night and ate cake and watched the Olympics, and then a few more people came over today and watched the Olympics. Fun times! We still have some or most of all five cakes left, since they are very big and very dense, but that's okay--I'll just take a bunch of it to work tomorrow.

I've had so much fun watching the Olympics! I love having people over, and I love all the funny color commentary, and the silly things the announcers say, and the heartwarming athlete stories. Everything is just so great right now! Except for the fact that I'm sleeping five hours a night. That's not nearly enough.

No comments: