Tuesday, September 28, 2004

i want to take you far from the cynics in this town

I had dinner with Julie tonight...and I'm always pleasantly surprised by just how similar we really are. I mean, scarily similar...like the stories that we tell each other of our latest triumphs and tragedies contain eerie parallels. It was really good to see her, and I'm looking forward to seeing her more this quarter, and to reconnecting with the other people whom I lost touch with over the summer. We didn't spend much time reminiscing, but we did briefly discuss Sarrol the Barrel of Death, which has to be one of my all-time funniest/weirdest memories. Ah, those were the days--tied to Errol, wrestling Walter in the middle of the Loro lounge.

Oh, and for those of you who haven't seen the Loro lounge recently, you should go--I forgot to mention that they painted the wall behind the TV purple. Deep, dark purple...to match the purple chairs, and the nauseatingly zig-zagged carpet. It is nearly overwhelming. I can't imagine dorm wrestling (or much of anything else) taking place there. And I'm glad they waited until I wasn't on staff there--if I had to stand by that wall every week during house meeting, my reds and fuschias would have clashed horribly :)

I don't know what's wrong with me, but I've been really tired lately, like I would just like to crawl in bed and stay there for the next month or three. Except I don't really want to stay in bed that long--I just wish that I could get ten or eleven hours of sleep a night without feeling like I was wasting my time.

If I go to bed now, I can get nine or ten hours of sleep tonight. Yay! So, I'm off. Oh, and I did feel the earthquake today, if you were curious, although it felt very minor from here. I can't imagine that it actually caused a delay in the Scott Peterson trial in Redwood City, since Redwood City was even farther away from the epicenter than Mountain View; the jurors must be bored out of their skulls if they noticed the vibrations in what is surely a seismically sound courthouse and asked for a delay of proceedings. And I must have been bored out of my skull to read that article. So now, bedtime!

No comments: