Monday, September 06, 2004

kingdom of loathing

So, I have been purposefully avoiding playing video games with Walter all summer, partially because I only have one regular non-ddr controller for my Playstation, but mostly because I choose to be obstinate about silly things and this time chose to refuse to play with him. Sort of like a younger brother in that respect--I often choose to be my most obstinate, ill-tempered, and generally implacable/unbending with my brother. Sad times for him.

Anyway, that's not the point. Despite the fact that I refuse to play a game *with* Walter, I have absolutely no problem playing a game by myself even if Walter is in the room. So, he introduced me to www.kingdomofloathing.com. It's very entertaining in a sort of mindless way, and it's clear that it could take over a small but significant portion of one's life with just a bit of dedication. You choose a character, and then it's turn-based adventuring, involving puzzles, adventures, etc. Quite amusing, really. Give it a whirl if you have nothing better to do (or much better to do that you would prefer to ignore).

No comments: