Sunday, October 03, 2004

dammit

[NOTE: this post should have been posted last night, but blogger was being retarded. apologies.]

Dammit, I lost a post. And just before I hit submit, I thought, 'I should copy it just in case.' And then I thought, 'nah, it's Blogger, and I never lose posts on Blogger.' And then I lost it. Damn. But I still love you Blogger!

Anyway, the gist of my previous post is that I had an awesome but exhausting weekend. Dinner in FloMo on Friday, lunch in Millbrae on Saturday, 'Mr. 3000' on Saturday night, cookie baking this morning, beach trip to Pescadero this afternoon, and then 'Dodgeball' at Flicks this evening. I'm numb with exhaustion now, and will go to sleep as soon as this posts, but I had a fantastic weekend. The beach trip was amazingly fun, and I'm glad that it was resurrected; I didn't want to go because I'm lazy and it's always cold at the beach, but despite the fact that it was still cold at the beach today, the company was awesome and it was totally worth it. 10 of us went, and it was a success despite the fact that Shedletsky, Sean and I were sure the fire wasn't going to light/stay lit...while everyone else was playing frisbee and splashing in the tide, we were trying multiple combinations of more lighter fluid/matches/charcoal, and the despair (and hysteria, and laughter) mounted. Finally we ended up playing the 'Cooked or Dirty?' game with a hotdog, at which point everyone returned and seemed slightly less excited about playing 'Cooked or Dirty?' than we did. However, when we added the hamburgers, all the dripping grease created a fantastic blaze, and everything cooked smashingly. Then we played Cranium and Taboo, and got to chase birds away from our leftovers (they tried to steal the Kraft singles! and they made it halfway to the ocean with a whole package of hotdogs!) So despite my carsickness and my general disdain for cold beaches, I think that more trips of this nature are definitely mandatory. I also think the mafia group should do more non-mafia things (although I have a huge butcher knife if anyone wants to play real-life mafia w/the stabber role). And I think that Germany vs. Austria night should happen v. soon. And I think that I should also spend some time this week with people who are insane in a different way, just for balance. And finally, I think I should go to bed!

(I also think I should copy this post, just in case).

No comments: