Thursday, December 02, 2004

stress case

I need to finish my romance novel. It is a) a matter of pride, since I want to do it, b) a matter of fulfillment of others' demands, since I hear about how it's not done or progressing from at least one person every day, c) a matter of creativity, since my creative side does not get a sufficient outlet at work, d) a matter of practicality, since I am not cut out for working in corporate America the rest of my life. Or at least, not doing what I'm doing. I mean, I got paid to skip lunch and watch 'Finding Neverland' yesterday (and they bought my ticket, and popcorn and soda)...but I also had meetings at 7:30am and 7:30pm both. Ugh. I'm *tired*. If I were psyched about what I was doing, it would be great. But, I don't want to be one of those people who gets fired for being disgruntled on their blog, so I'll shut up. And the people are still cool, so that sorta makes up for it. And I'm getting paid. And the Christmas party is tomorrow night! I'm taking Terry, since she's not full-time and so wasn't invited independently. And I bought a hot black halter dress tonight, so that will be fun.

This weekend...hopefully dim sum, then some Christmas shopping in the city, and perhaps some cookie baking, and very hopefully some writing. Yay for the holidays! I've only got 14 more work days to go before I go home for Christmas!

2 comments:

Emily said...

To add onto Can's post, not only are you a good writer, but an amazing assessor of others' writing capabilities. All I'm going to say is that I missed my stop on the train and and had to take a taxi home, but I finished the book. Oh, and what a glorious book it was! Modern *can* be good. You win :)

f...... said...

Dudette! You will finish it! And do it well, to boot. You, too, are my new favorite author. And golly, you read about the other blogger, Breakup Babe, right? She's getting her blog published, and she works for Geeksoft. How much more wonderful would your publishing Cinderella story be once blogger can brag about you, a Google family employee, on their front page?

You so rock. You so inspire us all.