Wednesday, February 16, 2005

i will bounce you on the lap of silence

I don't have much time to write, since I have to be at work for a meeting at 8am, but I miss the days when I used to blog frequently and I'd like to get back into the habit. I think I really did break my nose--it never became severely bruised or swollen, but it hasn't stopped hurting since Saturday and when I sneeze or move my face, it feels like something in my nose is moving abnormally. It's made it really difficult to concentrate at work, since it drives me crazy when I'm just sitting there staring at the screen--and it's driving me crazy now as well. Sadness!

But, I came home around eight tonight, sat mindlessly and watched some of the first Austin Powers movie on TV (and why is 'randy' better than 'horny'? ABC replaced the 'do I make you horny, baby?' scene on the revolving bed with 'do I make you randy, baby?'...which didn't seem like much of an improvement). Then I finally coerced myself into putting together the rest of my bookshelves and unpacking the rest of my books. I still have a lot to do to get my room in order, and I have a multitude of boxes that I need to unpack, but this was a good start. However, putting away the books took a lot of time, especially since I decided to organize all of my decent literature in chronological order by country of origin (that's three shelves of literature, which does not include the three shelves of romance novels, or the shelf containing the Anne of Green Gables series/a bunch of Agatha Christie mysteries/the Chronicles of Narnia/the Lord of the Rings series/the Dark is Rising series/several other favorites from childhood, or the several shelves full of philosophy/computer science/linguistics/psychology/sociology/history/totalitarianism/Germany/
the plot to kill Hitler). I need to start reading again--I have a whole bunch of books sitting on my shelves that I've never even opened, I just keep acquiring them and not finding the time to read them.

I also need to write my romance novel, but that's a story for another day. For now, I shall go to bed--and as sad as I am that I don't have obvious war wounds to show for my broken nose, I am happy that I will not be rivaling Owen Wilson for most distinctive face.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'd like to dedicate this song to sara wampler in hopes that she'll forgive me for being conniving/retarded:

Why do you love me? Why do you need me? Always and forever... We met in a chatroom, now our love can fully bloom... Sure the world wide web is great, but you, you make my salivate... I love technology, but not as much as you, you see... But I STILL love technology... Always and forever. Our love is like a flock of doves, flying up to heaven above... always and forever, always and forever... Why do you need me? Why do you love me? Always and forever...

- tammzh

Anonymous said...

shut up dummy!

Anonymous said...

don't call tammzh a dummy. she wears glasses, just like me. i can't love you anymore because you are mean.

regretfully,
david

Anonymous said...

david, david, no! i'm so so sorry! i want to have like a million of your babies!