Thursday, February 10, 2005

i'll subtract pain by ounces

Last weekend was really fun, and I'm so happy that the next weekend is only two days away! Friday I went to Ikea, then had thai food with Claudia. Saturday, we had to wait for Comcast to show up, so we couldn't have dim sum--to make up for it, we invited Tammy, Shedletsky, Joanna and Emma over for brunch. Claude and I made french toast, fried potatoes, and scrambled eggs w/ham and peppers; it was all tasty, if I do say so myself. However, because there was no natural break after leaving the restaurant, for example, we just hung out in my living room all afternoon--'brunch' didn't end until 5pm. So it was very nice, but I didn't get anything done...I just managed to get the dishes washed when Terry and her mom showed up around 5:15. Terry's mom and the mom's friend took us to Celia's for dinner, where I had too many margaritas. Oh, and Lisa was visiting for the weekend, which was great; she lived on my floor junior year, then was on staff w/me senior year, and it was really fun to see her. Unfortunately, most of the time I spent with her involved me drinking, so it's not all entirely clear, but it was still good. Sunday was the Super Bowl, and Terry's friends were here to watch the game...unfortunately for them, my friends were here to eat and drink and be very loudly merry. The combination of Tammy, Vidya, Ritu, Maneesh, John, Jav, and Oniel is fairly loud, especially when we all started doing tequila shots in the back of the living room. Claude and I had fun cooking for it (I made deviled eggs, spinach artichoke dip, and a funfetti cake, while Claudia made a coconut cream pie and some phyllo-dough/spinach/bacon turnovers), and then we started drinking smirnoff ices and tequila, which made the afternoon even more pleasant. The people watching the game may not have been entirely happy, but the rest of us had a blast and a half. Then I watched Dodgeball with Claudia and Tammy while Tammy sobered up to drive home, and that was the end of my weekend!

Work is busy, as usual, and so I'm looking forward to the weekend so that I can get down to business with organizing my room. I have half my bookshelves put together, but until they're all put together I can't put away all my books because I can't organize appropriately--but I can't put together my bookshelves until I move all my books, since I have ten boxes of stuff in the precise location where the bookshelves belong. Sadness. My apartment is fantastic, though, and we have wireless again so I'm quite the happy camper.

So, I'm stressed about work, I haven't had a chance to write my romance novel for months, my room is a disaster, and I have yet to buy a couch or other furniture for the living room, but all in all life is fantastic. Yay for that. And now, yay for bed--I had a conference call at eight this morning, and the one downside of my new place is that it takes upwards of 30 minutes to get to work with traffic, since there's no good way to cut across between Sand Hill and Shoreline except to take all the old 'highways' like Page Mill, Junipero Serra, or Embarcadero, and none of them are particularly fast at rush hour. Oh well. Sleep well, everyone!

No comments: