Wednesday, March 09, 2005

like indecision to call you and hear your voice of treason...will you come home and stop this pain tonight?

I'm freaking exhausted. I stayed home sick from work yesterday, since I felt like vomiting (and by that I mean that I was nauseous, not just that I felt like doing some vomiting--that sounds like I 'felt like shopping' or something). But even though I was sick, I still worked from 11:30am to 11:30pm, with a couple of breaks to eat some oatmeal, make an eye doctor's appointment, etc. It was nice to work in my pajamas, though, so it wasn't all bad. Then I had to be at work at eight this morning for a conference call--but I rebelled and came home at six, and I took a bubble bath and read a few chapters of a romance novel. That was v. relaxing. Then, Claudia and I went to Mountain View and had coffee/cake with Vidya at Books, Inc.; the cake that Vidya got really sucked, so we left and got Verde milk tea instead. Vidya and Claudia got toast, which amused me for some reason. And now, me and my roommates are watching the Daily Show, and I think I'm going to go to bed. However, Jon Stewart just said 'piz-eace in the mid-iz-east', which I thought was funny.

Anyway, despite my exhaustion, life's good. I had fun seeing Vidya, and I love my apartment. I went to the eye doctor today (which means I probably looked like I was on drugs at work, since I came back from a long lunch w/chalupas from Taco Bell and completely blown pupils), and I ordered a new pair of glasses that I should get next week. I'm excited by that, since I never wear my glasses because I got them in high school and don't really like them; they also give me a headache because the prescription is old. So maybe I will look smart and intellectual with my new glasses, which will make David love me...er, I mean, I'm not that shallow [for those of you not in the know; David is one of the top people at the dim sum restaurant--and I want to seduce him into making us the pan-fried scallops with spicy sea salt that they used to have at the Palo Alto branch].

Hmm, I think I sound rather self-absorbed lately, mainly because I have nothing exciting to share, and so I end up talking about the minutiae of my life. I always talk about minutiae, but it feels stupider right now because there are much larger things that I'm not writing about. Anyway, goodnight! Good luck with deadweek, for those of you who are in it; and happy birthday to Tammy!

No comments: