Monday, March 07, 2005

you go to sleep dreaming how you would be a different kind if you thought you could...but you come awake the way you are instead

I've been going crazy with zee shopping lately; ever since my review, in which I was encouraged to dress for a leadership position if that's what I want (and who knows what I want, I certainly don't), I have given myself carte blanche to buy obscene amounts of clothing. However, I have been very good in the sense that I haven't bought any shoes (oh yeah, I lied, a got a pair of sedate but still shiny gold sandals on Tuesday, but they were a great buy). Today, I went to Valley Fair, and came back w/two skirts, a pair of tan pants w/pink pinstripes, a sweater, and seven shirts. I only intended to buy five shirts, but then I found a skirt at Banana Republic that was cute but also...*blue*. Which is very difficult, since I don't wear blue and found myself at a loss as to how I would insert a blue skirt into my wardrobe. The answer, obviously, was to buy two blue shirts (one navy, one a brighter sky blue) to go with the skirt so that I can wear it twice in two seemingly completely different outfits. I am pleased that the answer didn't involve me putting the skirt back on the rack, because I like it despite its blueness.

So unless I miscalculate, after my week-long shopping spree, I now have five new pairs of pants, four new skirts, and several new tops. Yay. And I'm spent! I'm done shopping for awhile now, since I really don't like shopping all that much (although I would like a couple more pairs of shoes, since my extensive shoe collection tends more toward the sneakers-and-flip-flops side of the spectrum, rather than the high-heels-and-ballet-flats side that my new purchases require). Shoe shopping, however, is something I am always willing to do, so that will still happen in the near- to mid-future. And with all these purchases, I can now go at least two weeks at a time without wearing the same pants/skirts twice, and still look dressy (aka 'professional'). That makes me happy.

In other news, the weekend was pretty uneventful. I intended to start writing again tonight (after realizing that I was watching VH1's 'The Fabulous Lives of Hollywood's It Girls' for about the tenth time, and shutting it off in disgust), but then Claudia got home and I got distracted. However, I did read a book on Regency London on Friday night (I'm lame), which was nice. I also had tasty dim sum, and saw Ritu, although neither of those activities were as fun as they could have been since it felt too early to be awake, and the sunniness of the day was not exactly matched by the sunniness of anyone I saw. But, Terry went w/me when I took Ritu to the airport, and we hung out at Peter's Cafe in Millbrae while waiting for Claude and the gang to show up for dim sum--and Peter's Cafe was surprisingly good, despite the fact that we make fun of it nearly every time we drive past it on the way to dim sum. It's open twenty-four hours, they made a great mocha, and the french toast that Terry and I split was really really good. So, someday in the future the dim sum group may have to go there at four a.m. and hang out for a few hours until dim sum opens.

I need to figure out what I'm doing with my life, but I continue to put it off. Nothing like procrastinating like crazy--my room still isn't clean, I should have seen an eye doctor and a dentist several months ago, I've calculated my taxes but haven't bothered to file them, and the list of important things left undone goes on and on and on. To my credit, I did do laundry last night, which was key since I was about to run out of underwear--I'm not above digging a shirt out of the laundry pile if I know I didn't sweat in it the first time I wore it, and I'll sometimes wear jeans eight or ten times before I wash them, but I insist on clean underwear, so they're the limiting reagent in my wardrobe.

Wow, I've talked a lot about clothes tonight. I'm turning into such a girl. Yes, I know, I wear pink, and my femaleness is pretty obvious, but I typically don't talk about clothes all the time. Really, I'm just rambling, but at least I'm rambling about something fun rather than something depressing. So anyway, time for bed!

No comments: