Thursday, April 07, 2005

you're everybody's satellite...i wish that you were mine

I'm leaving for India on April 26!! That's so close to right now. I got my ticket confirmed yesterday, and promptly felt slightly ill because that is so close to now and I have so much to do before that happens.

So today I had a ton of meetings at work, and ended up talking for about 8.5 hours overall, which was simply ridiculous, and my jaw hurt as a result. Then, I hurried home, and John, Adit, and Zach came over for dinner. Claudia made this amazing eggplant parmesan, and an asparagus pasta, and bruschetta, and I made strawberry shortcake. Vidya also came over, which was entertaining, although she accused me of being cold towards her because I was busy all day and then was abrupt when she showed up. I like how I can never share what I do with my friends with 'normal' people; for instance, after dinner, the five of us (Vidya disappeared right after the shortcake) sat in the living room and Adit played us midi variations of popular songs that he found on the internet. This does not sound fun, but it really was. I'm trying to pack in as much fun and memories as I can before I succumb to India, and this was a nice evening to add to my collection.

Yesterday I had dinner with Waxman at Haus Mitt, and it was nice to catch up with him--hopefully it will happen again in a year or two :) Tomorrow I have a lot of work to do, as well as on Friday, and then I may hang out w/Zach and Adit Friday night. Saturday, my parents arrive! Yay for the grownup Wamplers, they're highly entertaining. They're staying until Tuesday, so this weekend will have to be relatively sedate.

I'm so excited about going to India, but it's looming rather dangerously now; buying the tickets made it more official (and more scary). I only have 2.5 weeks in the office here before I leave! Three weeks from now, I'll be hanging out in the Hyderabad office. Un-freaking-believable.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

b/c you are never online anymore... are we still doing lunch sat?
love & kisses ritu