Tuesday, November 01, 2005

precious, precious burritos

Today was Halloween, and I celebrated it in my typical style--misanthropically, by going to work, coming home early, and taking a nap rather than going to the Castro or other Halloween parties like other people my age. Claudia rescued me slightly from my misanthrope ways when she got home from work, and we went to La Costena for my first bona fide burrito since my return to the States a week ago. Mmmm. I love burritos...their guacamole-filled goodness warms me to my very core.

I do miss Indian television. The American shows that they air are, for the most part, good (with the exception of the completely-inexplicable 'Zoe', which starred Selma Blair and was on for a few episodes on UPN or WB or something)--and when you tire of American shows and outdated American movies like 'Rocky III', you can watch all sorts of music videos on VH1. Alternatively, you can watch Hindi or Telugu music videos, which involve male and female posses in crazy pseudosexual dance-offs. This contrasts sharply with American television, which seems to consist exclusively of reality shows and/or 'Law and Order' reruns. I am just longing for the day when 'Law and Order' becomes a reality show--that will be the day that American television truly reaches its artistic zenith.

Tomorrow is the first of November--and then there are only two months until the end of the year! By then I should know what I'm doing next at work, and I hope that it's exciting or at least motivating--I'm having difficult motivating myself to do anything right now. Granted, it's difficult when I want to go to bed at noon, and I've had a headache since I got back from Sri Lanka, but this little trend needs to stop soon. At the very least I need to unpack and do laundry. Inexplicably, my bed isn't made when I get home from work, and the pile of dirty clothes in my bathroom is just sitting there, rather than running away and returning two days later, cleaned, folded, pressed, and waiting for me in my closet. I need to regain control of all this before I end up living in true squalor. There isn't time for this now, though, so goodnight!

6 comments:

~Wamp said...

I think you can have your clothes shipped to Iowa in three days, mom can usually get them turned around in two, another two days to figure in the weekend, plus three days back, and you could probably have your clothes washed in ten days or so. But I have no good answer as to getting them hung up in your closet, so forget I said anything.

Anonymous said...

Funny...my bed gets made everyday and my closet is always full of clean clothes. It's still possible for a price.

Anonymous said...

Hyderbad Vijay (Hy-V) says ship your laundry to India by DHL. Faster turnaround time than shipping to Iowa.

Anonymous said...

Bienvenidos a los Estados Unidos.

Anonymous said...

The local nameless county attorney has shipped a suitcase of dirty clothes to his mom every week for years. The Wamp and the dad are spoiled with "Mom's Laundry Service" and various other housekeeping services. You could ship your clothes to Iowa to be laundered and the Wamp's time frame would be true up until the point of return shipment. However, as evidenced by the bacon shipment to India, it might be months before your clothes returned. Think it's back to mundane chores for you.

~Wamp said...

The county attorney probably reads this blog, along with half the population of our county. Funny, I was just telling my friend Sarah about the time he helped me plead guilty to defective muffler and get 20 hours of community service. Better than a couple of stop sign violations eh?

Besides, mom has no room to complain, she's within walking distance of work. Then again, it truly is uphill both ways...