Thursday, November 24, 2005

'allo...salud...fettucine...brilliant!!

I rode with my brother to my grandmother's house for Thanksgiving--this resulted in a) an extremely warm core body temperature due to his heated leather seats, and b) the stunning realization that I prefer Romanian rock music to American country music. My brother was playing some Romanian song that he downloaded, and he was able to sing along (what he lacked in comprehension, he made up for in enthusiasm). The singer kept saying, ''allo, salud', and it sounded like one word was 'fettucine', but I may be wrong. My brother may be a strange kid, but I would rather listen to that song than to any of those freaking country songs any day of the week.

Thanksgiving dinner was lovely. We had turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, yams, my grandmother's special apple/sausage dressing, Stovetop stuffing for people who don't like the dressing, green bean casserole, homemade rolls, pumpkin pie, and some other foods for which I didn't have room. We spent the afternoon and evening hanging out at my house. I played a quick game of Monopoly with my dad's siblings and my cousin; it's too bad that no one else wanted to play, but we were apparently not as interesting as 'CSI' :( Oh, well, life goes on. Since I'm falling asleep by the fireplace, I think it's time to brave the relatively frigid conditions upstairs--it was only 23 degrees outside when I left the house for dinner this afternoon, and cold weather inevitably chills my bedroom, since we are not blessed with central heating. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brilliant!!