Tuesday, November 29, 2005

perfect blend of technology and magic

I had intended to accomplish more at work than I did today, but I lost interest and so came home instead. Granted, when I got home, I spent half an hour on a conference call, so I didn't *completely* slack off. I also engaged in some much-needed kitchen cleaning. Claudia was kind enough (or brave enough) to scrub the stovetop, and I rearranged some cabinets, cleaned the counters, loaded the dishwasher, and threw away foods that had clearly been in the kitchen for months. There are still some cabinets that could stand to be sorted (but I can't reach them), and the refrigerator should be cleaned out, but the rest of the kitchen is wonderfully clean and healthy now. A clean and beautiful kitchen encourages my cooking desires, so I spent some time this evening thumbing through cookbooks and trying to decide what types of recipes I want to master next. Claudia and I made scrambled eggs w/peppers, mushrooms, onions, black olives, and cheese, as well as some fried potatoes--but that wasn't quite enough cooking, since I'd chopped the vegetables and frozen them last week. Despite the ease, though, it was nice to feel like I was doing something worthwhile, so perhaps this cooking trend will continue.

I'm trying to make social plans again, since I spent my first month back in the States in a very antisocial, noncommital mood--but it's hard to make social plans when almost all of one's friends are involved with Stanford and so are busy with dead week and finals. This week should still be lovely, though; I have movie plans for one (and possibly two) nights, dinner plans on Wednesday, and my company's holiday party on Friday. Terry and I are taking Adit and Claudia as our dates, so it should be super fun--or super disastrous, depending on the course of events. Either way, it will be highly entertaining.

No comments: