Sunday, November 27, 2005

so damn beautiful

I took a supershuttle from San Francisco to my apartment tonight, after arriving in the Bay Area around midnight. The problem with taking a shuttle late at night is that it takes longer for enough people to show up and convince the driver that it's worth his while to drive down the Peninsula and drop us all off--and since I was the first one to try to convince the driver, I ended up waiting over half an hour for the magic number to arrive. Ah, well. During the wait, there was some nice, laidback electronica playing, and the only words were 'you're so damn beautiful' repeated for about ten minutes. The song eventually devolved into the 'singer' saying 'damn' every five seconds or so for what seemed like an eternity. I rejoiced because I could sense the misery of the other people who were waiting, and since I probably hated the song much less than they did, I was able to enjoy myself in some sort of perverse, demented way. True to my nature, eh?

Anyway, I'm back in California safe and sound. Tomorrow I shall *try* to accomplish something, but I don't have such a great track record when it comes to cleaning my apartment, and so we'll have to wait and see what happens. Since Christmas is less than a month away, I may be able to motivate myself to get something done--December will only be more hectic if I have to do all the cleaning that I should have done in November while simultaneously buying Christmas presents, going to holiday parties, and packing for my trip home. But, since I seem to like leaving everything to the last minute, it's v. tempting to just ignore the mess entirely and watch TV instead. We shall see, we shall see...

No comments: