Monday, December 05, 2005

is someone getting the best of you?

Despite my advanced age, I continue to behave similarly to my college experience; last night, for instance, I should have embraced the chance to sleep, but instead I stayed up until four a.m. reading a romance novel ('Nobody's Baby But Mine', a classic about a brainy physicist who decides to seduce a pro football player in the hopes that his stupidity will give her a child of average intelligence...never guessing that he graduated summa cum laude w/a degree in biology, or that he will force her to marry him so that his child won't be illegitimate). The stupid this about this is that I've read it a dozen times, and so clearly didn't need to stay up to figure out the ending. I slept until noon today as a result, and only got up because Tammy and I had a date to see 'The Squid and the Whale'. I really liked the movie. However, it made me think that I should never have kids, because it's just so easy to screw them up. Granted, I think the first step is to make sure that you don't marry a pretentious, heartless snob--then you're less likely to end up sleeping with your child's tennis coach and divorcing the lackluster husband.

Anyway, after that I baked a whole bunch of cookies, taking occasional (or rather, frequent) breaks to watch the marathon rerun of 'America's Next Top Model'. Then I went briefly to a birthday party for Roopa, whom I barely know but like immensely; there, I saw Vidya, who was looking quite lovely, but I didn't have time to stay there and try to lure her into my bed. Instead, I went to latenight w/Can, Shedletsky, Tammy, Joanna, Doug, and Curt. It was great fun, especially since I got to eat chicken strips o' fire, and the head dining hall guy still recognizes me even though I graduated two and a half years ago. Perhaps that's an indication that I should stop going to campus.

I would write more, but I'm insanely tired and I actually have stuff to accomplish this week. Yay for productivity!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the lovely shout out :)

Anonymous said...

Like you are so old!?!?!?!?