Saturday, January 21, 2006

i wanna be the light that burns out your eyes

I got a message from Walter today; he said that his ipod was on shuffle mode and that it served up Placebo, happy hardcore, and Bon Jovi (which he skipped) in quick succession, so he decided to call me. It's a little sad that my taste so obviously exists in the nexus where anger, nonsense, and hysteria collide. Then again, it's even sadder that I had an awful moment at CPK with Claudia and Terry tonight, in which I was talking animatedly about 'Stargate' in an ironic attempt to convince them that it's a great show, then suddenly realized that I was about to say the words 'human host' in front of the waiter, and so abruptly fell into silence and lunged for my soda straw to fill the void. Claudia started laughing at me immediately, and so the waiter probably thought we were talking about him, but I'm glad that he didn't realize that I'm a such a huge dork [editor's note: I just realized that the only thing lamer than talking about 'Stargate' is blogging about 'Stargate'. How sad!]. In other news (and this one's for you, Katie)--they're making 'Big Momma's House 2', which promises to be the worst movie of this or any other year. Yay!

Work was a little stressful today, compounded by the fact that I bought a cute pair of pants last night to wear today, but then shortened them too much and so they weren't quite right, but was too stubborn not to wear them. Luckily I did a quick and dirty hemjob that involved rolling up the cuffs and basting them, so I can lengthen them again, but it's such a pain. They still looked cute as long as I was standing up, though; and I was wearing a green shirt that a) matched the pinstripes in the pants and b) allowed me to wear the emeralds that my parents gave me for Christmas and c) made my eyes look insanely green. Of course, they started to look insanely bloodshot after I spent six hours manipulating a spreadsheet filled with around 2000 cells of numbers that didn't differ from each other by more than .75 in any direction; Excel is the postmodern version of Hell. It even sort of sounds like 'Ex-Hell'--like it used to be a traditional hell, but the fire and brimstone has been transformed into an electronic pit full of equations and pivot tables. Ugh.

Now, it's time for bed!

No comments: