Friday, March 31, 2006

goodbye united states

Sorry that it's been so long since I've written...I got home safely v. late Monday night, and then would have spent most of the week relaxing except for the fact that I had a ton of work to do, so it didn't really feel like a vacation. I spent tonight trying to pack up; I'm taking more to Ireland than I took to India, partially because they dress up more in Ireland and I require more winter clothes there, and partially because I missed my stuff in India and made up for it by buying way too many new possessions. I also had a v. nice dinner with my nephew and nieces in honor of the nephew's 12th birthday--I can't believe they're all getting so grown up! I packed some sufficiently-greasy meals and some sufficiently-late sleep into my trip home, but it would be nice to be here a little bit longer. Ah, well, c'est la vie. The worst thing is that I picked up my brother's sore throat, and I would imagine that it will get worse as soon as I get on the plane. Sadly for me, I already have a ton of meetings lined up for Monday, but hopefully I'll get a chance to settle in on Sunday.

Okay, time to finish packing--the next time I write, I'll be in Ireland!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Peripatetic Sara,

Visit 7 Eccles Street for me.