Thursday, May 11, 2006

born to be mild

Today, I worked. Then, after work, I went out for dinner with Lizzie, who is visiting from the US. It was really nice; we gossipped, vented, shared memories, etc. Now, though, it's 11:28pm and I'm in the office. I got back here with Lizzie around 10pm and was going to just pick up my laptop and go home, but I made the mistake of checking my email, which lured me into the internet for an hour and a half. That's not all that bad, since I spent the whole time chatting with friends, reading non-work-related stuff, and referring Tom F. (aka tom-foolery) for a position at my illustrious company. All in all, today was really good--I had some meeting with managers that helped to meet my goal of 'raise profile in office', which will hopefully help me meet my eventual goal of 'get promoted'. I also had my Q1 review, which went well, so at least it's clear that my contribution is being recognized even if there were a couple of major, grade-A fiascos in the planning and implementation of my trip to Dublin. Regardless of how good that makes me feel, though, I'm definitely ready for bed. The next six weeks are going to be insane!! So that, my friends, means you'll have to content yourself with a short post tonight. I hope that doesn't distress too many of you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

who is lizzie?

Anonymous said...

Here's a suggestion for what to do next Tuesday (see if George's Haiku suffer by comparison):

Haiku Evening
Tuesday, 16 May @ 7pm
Poetry Ireland in association with Haiku Ireland presents a Haiku evening with Maeve O'Sullivan, Gilles Fabre, Neville Keery & Seán Mac Mathúna, with music from 'Dubliner' and hakuist John Sheehan
Damer Hall, St Stephen's Green, Dublin 2 (Admission free)