Tuesday, May 23, 2006

hustle bustle and so much muscle

Red Hot Chili Peppers managed to write one of the most beautiful love songs ever while still using phrases like 'hustle bustle and so much muscle'. I'm astounded. Download 'Hard to Concentrate' off their new album - you won't regret it.

Luckily for me, I worked fourteen hours today, and I was at my desk and able to listen to my headphones for about five of those hours, which means that I got to listen to the 'Stadium Arcadium' album in its entirety about two times. It's a two-hour album; the extra hour in my five-hour marathon was taken up by listening to 'Hard to Concentrate' on endless repeat. Awesome. The music *almost* made me believe that I was having fun.

I'm still in the office because I don't want to plug in my laptop when I get home, so I decided to blog from here. I stayed at the office super-late because I have all of these stupid little things on my to-do list that are gradually piling up to overwhelm all of the bigger things that I also have to do, so I spent several hours tonight trying to clear them out. I got through quite a bit, but I highlighted nine things that I absolutely have to do tomorrow, and none of them are particularly quick, so hopefully I can find some hidden efficiencies. Hopefully, I can also stop thinking in corporate-speak someday--phrases like 'hidden efficiencies', 'extra bandwidth', and 'project roadmap' don't really fit in with my image of a serene-yet-eccentric romance novelist. In fact, my day-to-day conversations are completely devoid of such key words as 'torrid', 'embrace', 'muslin', and 'manroot'. I'm not sure how I can work any of these words into regular usage without getting fired (unless I start wearing muslin, which would be a questionable fashion statement), but I'll devote some energy to coming up with an alternate solution to my un-torrid existence.

Okay, I have nothing else to report. If you have anything to report, shoot me an email or leave a comment; I'll read it in the morning, after I've had just enough sleep to ensure that I'll be cranky when I wake up. Goodnight!

2 comments:

f...... said...

I applaud you for adding you pic into your Goggle Talk profile. I feel less alone in the world.

Anonymous said...

meow!