Tuesday, June 20, 2006

lonely and dreaming of the west coast

Actually, I'm not lonely, and I have no time to dream of the West Coast; I got to work at 8:45 this morning (early for me), am still here at 9:32pm, and will probably have to look over stuff for another hour or so when I get home. On the other hand, I should probably just go to bed and get up early to work, since I feel like I'm dying. Sustaining oneself on sugared tea and diet coke is not smart, and I haven't eaten anything since lunch, but I'm too nervous/stressed/busy to eat, so there's no point in thinking about it. Maybe I'll grab a bag of popcorn to eat on the way home. That would be really good for my stomach!

I went to the Irish Management Institute this morning with my project group to work on the presentation we're giving tomorrow. It was really really good; we worked with the woman who actually wrote the book that I read last week on 'Making Brilliant Presentations', and we spent a couple of hours running through the slides, discussing presentation styles, and polishing up the preso. I'm already sick of the preso, and I'm going to get even more sick of it, but I do think it's going to be stellar, and I'm just so excited for it to be *over*.

Okay, so clearly my mind is in a million places since I just interrupted blogging to send a couple of random, completely unrelated work emails (definitely *not* personal emails, since I stopped answering personal emails weeks ago). I'm going to go home now, eat my popcorn in miserable solitude, read through my slides a couple of times, and pull my covers way over my head in hopes that I'll sleep better than I did last night. But, I'll be in South Africa in eight days!!!!! Even if it is freezing the entire time, our mansion turns out to be a shack made of cardboard and corrugated tin, and the only alcohol we can find is in mouthwash, I'll be freaking excited. Goodnight, everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Doesn't take much to make you excited