Sunday, July 23, 2006

come on try a little, nothing is forever

I don't have internet in my new place, which should explain the dearth of posts; also, I've been working constantly, so I haven't really wanted to stick around the extra fifteen minutes necessary to write a blog post after wrapping up every night. Too bad, eh?

But, I am rapidly resettling into my former life; in fact, as I have said to some of my friends, it just feels like Ireland was one 12-week-long 'day' at work, and that now I'm off work and able to hang out. Not that I'm really able to hang out; I was in the office from 7am to midnight on Wednesday, and I've worked similarly-crazy hours the rest of the week as well. I have made efforts to live solely on adrenaline, and they've panned out; I had dinner with Ritu/Vidya/Roopa/Claudia/Geetha on Tuesday, worked for seventeen hours on Wednesday (with a break to sign my lease and buy an air mattress and a towel), had dinner with Ritu/Renee/Vidya/Sri/Claude/Geetha/Stephen on Thursday, and had coffee with Ritu/Vidya/Claude on Friday morning. All of that hanging out with Ritu was v. necessary, since I hadn't seen her in over a year and she was only in the Bay Area until Friday. It was great to see her, and we reconnected effortlessly, so hopefully I will see more of her in the near future.

Yesterday was a beautiful day; Claudia, Oniel and I went to Emeryville to visit John and Vince. We were supposed to go to Half Moon Bay for a barbecue, but John claimed that traffic was terrible, and so lured us to a park near his apartment instead. All in all, this was a great choice; it was overlooking the Emeryville Marina, so we could still see water, but we didn't get stuck in traffic on Highway 92. We ate tasty sausages, sat around, played Parcheesi and some card games, and spent six hours basking in the sunlight, which contributed to today's nasty sunburn. We had a late dinner at Pizza My Heart, a strangely fitting choice. All in all, we could have had exactly the same experience in Palo Alto, and so we're going to have to trade off in the near future.

Today, I had a surprise breakfast with Vidya, then met Irish Matt in San Francisco, where we did a bit of shopping before heading back down to the Peninsula. We were supposed to go to beach, but traffic was severely backed up, so we just had drinks at two different cafes instead. I dropped him off at his hotel, came to the office, did some work, and now I'm blogging.

This is the worst blog post ever. I'm sorry it's so boring; I think the heat is frying my brains. It's also making me use too many semi-colons; but, I love them! So, I'm going to cool off by going to Target and looking at patio furniture. One day soon I'll change the look of my blog and write something more interesting, but it ain't gonna happen now. Goodnight!

2 comments:

freemarcon said...

Gr8 Blogg. It is nice to see someone has found yet another use for blogging. To view my blog to to http://freemarcon.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Glad you found apartment. Mom said to tell you:

Sam- 12 Blue w/6 considered to state (none going)
Zane- 11 Blue w/ 5 Considered to state (2 going)
Allie-11 blue & 1 red (none considered to state to young yet) but 3 Outstanding Junior.

You may have kissed a water buffalos butt---Zane and I washed calves most of the week helping to keep them cool in the heat.