Tuesday, September 12, 2006

happy birthday to me

My birthday/the national day of mourning is officially over, and we can all return to our regularly-scheduled lives. I'm glad that I'll hit all of my milestone birthdays on milestone anniversaries of 9/11--I'll turn 30 on the 10th anniversary, 40 on the 20th, etc. Hopefully I'll be one of those really cranky, obnoxious seniors, so that when I'm 70, I can make nasty jokes about the twin towers while the staff at my nursing home is trying to get us to make 50th anniversary collages or some shit.

Today was nice, albeit tame; I didn't clean up my kitchen tonight because I went out for an unexpected dinner with Terry and Claudia, and then had to work when I got home, so my kitchen is quickly turning into a biohazard. I have to clean tomorrow before I end up with cockroaches, mice, or other vermin--nothing drives me crazier than a dirty kitchen, so I shall overcome all of this tomorrow. Now, though, I should go to bed, since I have a conference call in five hours. Thanks for the birthday wishes, everyone!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just catching up and skimming the posts and the comments. I LOVE lime Jell-o with cottage cheese, etc. and had you appropriately applied Six Sigma to the Indian (aka ribbon salad) salad making, I'm sure that everything would have worked out swell. Eliminating variation is the key.

As mentioned in the phone message - when you get to IA, you will receive a birthday gift(s) that will make your friends envious. You will be proud. Very proud. It meets all appropriate requirements - pink, utilitarian, ridiculous, of display quality, etc. Guesses will be entertained. But my PC access is questionable at this time.

Anonymous said...

We celebrated your birthday in style - - home made breaded tenderloins!

See you soon.

Slater

f...... said...

70 is a little young to be in a nursing home, don't you think? why not shoot for 90? happy birthday, sara!!!