Friday, October 13, 2006

the blog is not enough

Apologies to those of you who got tired of seeing my previous post. I don't have much to report from the past two nights. I don't actually remember what I did Tuesday night. Wednesday, I spent all day at the office, and then went over to Arod's to watch 'Lost' with her and Neel (who is visiting from India). Her grandmother made tons of homemade Indian food, which was delicious, and then we watched last night's episode and critiqued it. I came home with the intention of finishing my short story for tonight's class but was too tired, so I had to finish it v. quickly at work this afternoon. I think that the story is very much a fun, frivilous story; it's not one of those that gives some penetrating insight into human nature, and it's actually something that I'd like to turn into a book...I know a lot more about what's going on in the story than I was able to put into 12 pages for the class, and most of it is pretty entertaining.

Anyway, I've started yet another blog. I'm going to keep updating this one as the main source of information about my daily life. However, I want to encourage myself to write more stories, writing exercises, etc. So, if you care about reading such forays into literary folly, you can go to http://sarawampler.blogspot.com (also linked from the column on the right-hand side of this page). I've posted the story that I turned in tonight, and I'll hopefully post more stuff there. Don't hold your breath for things on that site, though :)

Okay, I have tons to do tomorrow and I'm exhausted, so it's time for bed. Goodnight!

No comments: