Sunday, October 01, 2006

if we're gonna make it then we're halfway there

First off, happy v. belated birthday to my sister, who turned an age that it is not delicate to print here on Thursday--I wasn't able to call because I was in training all day and then had to run to the first meeting of my writing class, which didn't get out until after nine p.m. (eleven p.m. in Iowa). Apologies, but I hope it was a good one!!

To the rest of you, I'm sorry that I haven't written in ages. Tammy came up Thursday night to stay with me for a week, and it's been great to see her, but this has put a small kink in my traditional blogging pattern since I'm typically ready to collapse by the time I finally go to sleep. We stayed up and did some catching up Thursday night; I worked all day Friday; we had dinner with Claudia Friday night; I spent most of yesterday cleaning my kitchen/bathroom, having brunch with Lauren, making potato/leek soup, and reading a romance novel; and I spent most of today sleeping in, followed by working on my own romance novel.

For those of you who have been intermitently checking the romance blog, be forewarned that I'm not going to update it anymore (and in fact am going to delete it)--I want to sell my novel, and I don't want the blog to jeopardize that. You'll just have to wait for it to come out in paperback! But, after my quick but v. productive writing session at Starbucks this afternoon, I am one chapter (3600 words) closer to finishing it. If only I could make myself sit down and write every night, I would be done in no time--so I'm setting a goal to finish my novel in October. Whether that will happen remains to be seen, but I've plotted it out so comprehensively that it should be possible.

After coming home, I talked to my parents, and then met Shedletsky for dinner. Tammy was 1.5 hours late for dinner (no surprise there), so Shedletsky and I had bruschetta, followed by mussels, and caught up with each other while waiting for Tammy. Once she arrived, we had main courses and coffee, and then loitered on California Ave. for half an hour, feeling like the hooligans that we most certainly weren't. After seeing both of them together, it felt like all was right with the world; or, if it was still wrong, it was wrong in the right kind of insane way, if that makes any sense.

Now I need to go to bed, so that I can begin the work week anew. Yippee. Goodnight everyone!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

IOWAN says: Saw the Moulton-Udell Men In Black Marching Band at Pancake Day "Big Parade". Think I saw your niece and nephew, but behind those shades I wasn't so sure. Pancake Day, what a great concept for you to explain in California! Maybe Crepes Suzette Day? I kept looking around for a Pancake Day sponsorship by a breast implant clinic.

Anonymous said...

buti lived for your novel.
can you mail me installments in chicago? i'll edit it for yoU!!!!!
good luck wamp...

Anonymous said...

You saw them...Only clarinet player and the cute little trumpet player. If you stayed for the entire parade you also saw the oldest one go back through the parade as a M-U cheerleader.

Not Applicable said...

give poor tammy a break. she was thinking up ways to find Stocky McUnitesticles on Craigslist for you.