Saturday, October 14, 2006

too weak to give in, too strong to lose

My television arrived today, and I am finally a real, honest-to-goodness American again now that I can stare mindlessly at the TV again. However, I won't have cable until Tuesday, but I wanted to test out the picture quality, so I watched 'Shaun of the Dead' tonight. Shout out to Lea in London--I recognized your husband in the garden scene!

The rest of my day was pretty uneventful as well; the TV delivery people were almost two hours late delivering the TV, so I didn't get much done and didn't go back into the office in the late afternoon like I had planned. I ran some errands, and was just wrapping up at Target when Claude called, so we had an impromptu dinner at the cafe near my apartment. I love that place--the special tonight was penne pasta with bay scallops, shrimp, and pesto sauce. Mmmmmmm. Granted, I don't really need to go out for awesome meals, since I get them at work; this week I had some delicious scallops for free in the cafeteria. They were on par, but on a parallel level to, the corndog that I had at work last week. Most of the cafes are on a serious health kick, but the nutritionist hasn't been able to take care of this particular cafe, so they had this awesome meal that included corndogs with bacon and cheese wrapped into it as well. Ohmigosh. If I live a thousand years, I'll probably still remember that corndog.

There's nothing else to report, really; I don't have serious plans for the weekend, although I am having dinner at Shedletsky's tomorrow night and perhaps seeing a movie in the afternoon. I want to spend the rest of the time organizing my closet (which is much too small for the amount of stuff I have--I need to investigate other storage options) and prepping for next week's writing class. Now, I'm going to go to bed, so that I don't sleep away the entire morning like I like to do. Goodnight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Went to the link on the story... Pretty darn good if you want my opinion.

I will be sending email on the updates on the little ones.