Monday, November 27, 2006

sixteen just held such better days, days when i could still feel alive

I did nothing today but work on my story for class. I was supposed to go to see the new Bond movie with Claudia and Oniel, but my head has hurt for days and I was feeling rather weak, so I called them an cancelled. Lame, right? Then I intended to go to bed early, but I started writing again (I had written all afternoon at a couple of different cafes in the area) and ended up finishing the story around eleven, then typing and editing it until three minutes ago. Now it's as done as it's going to get, and emailed out to my classmates, which means all I can do is wait in agony until I hear the critiques. I'll post it tomorrow, but right now I'm too tired to be bothered with such nonsense.

Instead, I will leave you with this horrifying story that I read on CNN: http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/11/25/bookcase.death.ap/index.html

This chick had disappeared and her family had been looking for her for two weeks--but it turns out she had been trapped behind her own bookcase and died! Awful!

On that note, it's time for bed, so that I can get up and go back to work tomorrow, yay. I can't try the whole 'I-fell-behind-the-bookcase-and-can't-come-to-work' excuse, unfortunately, because by bookcases are Ikea sets that would fall over if I leaned a book against them the wrong way, so that means I really should get some sleep.

1 comment:

f...... said...

that is the saddest, most awful cnn story i've ever read.