Wednesday, November 29, 2006

we were barely seventeen and we were barely dressed

I realize that I'm repeating seventeen, but my aunt made an excellent point. I think that if my parents' marriage has survived moving to Ukraine (and the resultant radiation exposure), having to raise my brother (just kidding!), and building a new house, they can survive a reference to my mother's absolutely least favorite song. And 'Paradise by the Dashboard Lights' is a wonderful song--much better than that silly 'Sound of Music' crap.

Speaking of 'Sound of Music' crap, Gwen Stefani's latest single, 'Wind It Up', features samples of 'The Lonely Goatherd', and even features her yodeling. Hot! Read this fantastically mean review of the song; I actually kind of like the song, but it's because I have terrible taste. You know I'm going to get the album when it comes out.

I don't have much else to report; I coordinated a big event at work and it went off basically without a hitch, and with a standing-room-only crowd to boot. Then, I came home and did laundry, read some stuff for my short-story class, and watched the last half of 'The Unit' and all of '3lbs' on CBS. It's amazing how much of a ripoff '3lbs' is of 'House'--and speaking of 'House', I'm predicting a very 'house'-y weekend, since I haven't watched any episodes in over a week. Now, though, it's time for bed!

No comments: