Monday, November 27, 2006

you are sixteen going on seventeen, baby it's time to think

Today was fun; going back to work wasn't so fun, but I hung out with Lauren (aka Subz) at lunch, so that was a good break. Then, I found out that Felicia's in town, and we ended up having fish and chips at Rose & Crown (the English-style pub in Palo Alto). She's spending the night with me tonight, so this is going to be a v. short post--I should really go to bed so that I can get up tomorrow, take her to the train station, and then go to work. It's been great hanging out, though, even if it did open up all of the usual discussions about what's going on with our lives and what we'd rather do than what we're currently doing :) Hopefully that rather jumbled sentence made some semblance of sense.

Okay, my language is all tortured tonight--I think I burned out my language capabilities while working on my story yesterday. I signed myself up for more pain next quarter--registration for winter quarter opened this morning, and I signed up for the 'writing comic fiction and memoir' class, which will unfortunately conflict with watching 'Lost', but I suppose artists have to sacrifice to make progress, right? Now, though, I really should go to bed--morning will come all too soon.

But, one last note for my family: as I was giving Felicia the grand tour of the apartment, we found a box elder bug crawling across my kitchen floor. Those bastards are hardy little creatures! This one clearly rode over in my luggage and has been hanging out in my apartment for three days. Damn them!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, did your family have this thanksgiving classic - oven-baked turkey drizzled in pepsi? can we say delicious?

Anonymous said...

I was hoping for Paradise by the Dashboard Lights. But then that might cause a divorce amongst those we love.