Tuesday, December 05, 2006

i removed all your twenty-inch rims and i'm melting them down to build five-foot plates for the shins of my thirty-foot android

Walter may be the only other person in the world who appreciates Grand Buffet as much as I do. The lyric above is from their seminal song 'You're on Fire'. It's fantastic; they mention keeping a 'packet of locking-breaking tools in the treasure chest', among other things.

Anyway, I'm tired, so I'm going to go to bed soon. Today was pretty uneventful; I went to work, worked, came home, made spaghetti and some steak, watched a little bit of TV, read a little bit, played a little bit of sudoku, and now the evening is over. I need to get in gear and read all of the stuff for my short-story class; this is the last week, and I just remembered that I said I'd bring treats or something, so I suppose that means that I should bake something on Wednesday as well. And, I have lots of holiday-related stuff coming up; I got invited to a couple of different parties in the past few hours, as well as a couple that were already on the table, plus all the stuff I have to do to get ready to go home. The next couple of weeks are going to be insane! So, I should go to bed before I shoot myself in the foot by not sleeping enough. Goodnight!

1 comment:

Emily said...

oh, when I saw those lyrics, my heart breathed a sigh of happiness!