Wednesday, December 20, 2006

she's got a ticket to ride

Ugh. Today was kind of brutal. I had to be at the office at seven a.m. for a conference call (I prefer to say 'before dawn'--true, and much more dramatic), and things stayed very busy until five (to the point that I had to eat lunch in a conference room during yet another meeting). I left work around 5:30, did laundry and dropped off nearly $100 in dry cleaning (which explains why my appearance has slowly deteriorated from 'business casual' to 'casual casual', since most of my sweaters and cute skirts were in dire need of a chemical bath), grabbed some dinner, folded the aforementioned laundry, took a twenty-minute nap followed by a shower, and then worked for ~3 hours. Fun, huh? But, I worked while watching 'The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou'--actually, I didn't watch much of it, since I was being productive, but I love the scene where they rescue Jeff Goldblum, and I saw snippets of some of the other classic moments. Awesomely enough, I discovered that the kid who gets stabbed in the shoulder by the pirates is the same actor who plays the young, awkward whiz-kid protege in 'Criminal Minds'--he's made quite the step up from playing 'Intern #1!' Now if only he could wear a red beanie and a sky-blue Speedo in 'Criminal Minds', I would watch that show all the time.

Now I should go to bed; tomorrow promises to be more of the same (meetings most of the day, starting at eight a.m.). I can't complain too much, though, since I only have to work two more days between now and the end of the year. Yay! That suddenly put me in a better mood, so I should go to bed before the feeling disappears.

No comments: