Monday, December 04, 2006

she's only eighteen, don't like the rolling stones - she took a shortcut to being fully grown

Thanks to Emily for pointing out that I missed number 18! This rectifies it; you'll go back to your regularly-scheduled 'twenty' the next time I post.

The weekend was fun. Friday night was my company's holiday party in the city, so I went up with the intention of dragging Vidya to it. It turns out that she practically had to drag me to it; when I got to her apartment, 'The Princess Bride' was on TV, and we got started watching it, and I didn't really want to leave. But, we left anyway--which made sense, since I'd purchased a dress especially for the occasion. Turns out that I shouldn't have, since I didn't even bother to take my coat off. In my defense, it was rather cold, and my pink down-filled bomber jacket was making its first appearance of the season. Anyway, the venue was huge, and they had set up smaller 'rooms' in these giant tents, each of which had a different theme and a different foodstuff. We went around to all of them and tried all of the food, which was quite fulfilling for both of us, and then we went home after an hour or so. It was well worth it, though, since the food was delicious.

I spent the night on Vidya's trundle bed (thus fulfilling a childhood dream of mine to sleep in a trundle bed), and we had crepes at the place down the street for breakfast. I got back to Palo Alto around noon, hung out in my apartment for awhile, and then went to a tea place to write in my journal. I stayed there for several hours; they serve loose-leaf tea in mini pots, so I had three pots of tea, a crumpet, and a lemon bar. Mmm. I must start going back all the time, since the teas are wonderful and the staff is friendly. Today, I meant to get up early and come to the office, but I didn't make it here until two. Then, I played around and wrote out my Christmas list, since I was told that I was in danger of not getting anything if I didn't provide some ideas to my family; then, I talked to my parents. All of this means that I didn't actually get anything done. I did about half an hour of work, then met Zach for dinner, then came back to the office and was actually productive for the last three hours. Now it's eleven p.m., and I have to be back here in ten hours. Ugh. Oh, well, I'm excited about what I'm working on right now, so it's not all bad. Regardless, it's time for me to go home and go to bed!

No comments: