Friday, December 15, 2006

the two of us were made of angels' dust

Work was fine today; after work, I went over to a coworker's house to watch the one-hour Christmas episode of 'The Office'. It was hysterical; now that I no longer have class on Thursdays, I should perhaps try to catch that show more often. The other entertaining thing about tonihgt was that fourof us stood on her doorstep for ten minutes, ringing her doorbell, knocking, and wondering where she was--the lights were on, the fireplace was merrily crackling, and the TV was showing a football game. It was when we saw the channels of the TV changing to 'The Office' that we verified that she was in fact home--and luckily, then she finally heard us outside and let us in in time for the show. Turns out that she was in her massage chair, which is louder than she thought it was. I don't know if I buy it, but we got to watch the show, and her home was lovely.

Afterwards, I came home, ate the last leftovers of the potato-leek soup that I served my friends last night, and watched 'Shark' on CBS. I kinda like that show; better than '3lbs.', which was cancelled after only three episodes. Since I saw two of those episodes, I feel that I must have been their biggest, albeit lukewarm, fan. Maybe 'House' will buy some of their used sets, since they had lots of fancy faux hospital equipment that they'll now have to dispose of. Then, I wrote briefly in my journal before realizing that I was falling asleep. Now, I should take my contacts out and go to bed. The weekend is almost here! And eight days from now, I'll be on a plane to Iowa. Yay--and goodnight!

No comments: