Tuesday, January 09, 2007

i once was lost and now am found

Maybe it's blasphemous to quote 'Amazing Grace' in relation to bling, but I'm too excited to care--I found the necklace and earrings that I was so upset about yesterday. I had to stop by the receptionist desk in my building to get a new retractable zip-cord thingie for my security badge (I have a bad habit of twirling my badge, so I wear out the cords every couple of months). On a whim, I decided to ask if she had any jewelry in the lost-and-found; I had lost my badge for a couple of days in August, and she didn't bother to email me even though my picture and name are on the badge, so I figured that the likelihood I would have heard about anonymous jewelry at reception was virtually nonexistent. Turns out that it was all there--both earrings and the necklace, in perfect condition except for some weird damage to one of the earring backs (which doesn't matter because they came with an extra back, which I still have). I have no idea how they got there--it's weird that I could have lost the necklace and the earrings in a way that they would be recovered together, but I'm not questioning my good fortune.

Conversely, my bad fortune is that I'm still working at 1:30 a.m.; but, I got to listen to Craig Ferguson's velvety Scottish accent in the background as a result, so I can't be too upset. I took a break from 7-9 to eat dinner and watch some tv, before working from nine until now. Hopefully if I work really hard this week, I won't have to do anything this weekend, but we shall see. Now, I should go to bed--morning will come all too soon. Goodnight!

1 comment:

~Wamp said...

Nooooooo... After reading your last blog, I'd taken all my money out of savings and bet it all at the racetrack. Curse your good fortune!