Wednesday, January 17, 2007

la tortura

Ah, work. I keep trying to escape and it keeps sucking me back in. My to-do list is now about as long as my arm, but I'm going to bed rather than trying to get a better grip on it tonight. I also left work at six to meet Vidius Chandicus for a delicious dinner at Taco Bell, followed by a showing of 'Pan's Labyrinth'. We quite enjoyed ourselves, although the movie was somewhat more grotesque than I was expecting. There were several parts where I covered my face with my scarf, which was perhaps an unfortunate choice because it was shedding, and I ended up with particles in my eyes for the last third of the movie. Consequently, my eyes really hurt and were constantly welling up with tears, which must have made me look v. strange, especially since only the last five minutes or so were cry-worthy. But, I do highly recommend the movie, particularly if you like to watch movies that look like they were dreamt up by someone on crack.

There isn't much else to report about my day, and I have a smashing headache, so I'm going to go to bed and spare you any more details of the minutiae of my life. Don't worry, I'll be back tomorrow (after my writing class, which means I may have stories to tell...or not). Goodnight!

1 comment:

Emily said...

I'm glad you liked it! I also saw Children of Men finally and was able to form an opinion about it...