Thursday, January 25, 2007

parade of the athletes

I downloaded DJ Tiesto's 2004 Olympics CD; he apparently DJ'd at the Opening Ceremonies of the Athens Games, and a CD was released shortly thereafter. I happen to like Tiesto, particularly his earlier 'Summerbreeze' cd (which I still listen to when I'm in need of some aching techno). He's also going to be at Coachella this year, which makes me almost (almost!) want to go back and risk death in the desert. Unfortunately, I don't know if I can do it; it's the weekend before my brother's graduation, and the weekend before that I'm trying to go to Dublin for a weeklong meeting, so we'll see whether it works out.

I went to work today, came home, spent too much time on Wikipedia (because I like learning about random things; encyclopedias with hyperlinks to hundreds of other related articles are v. dangerous for me), and then tried to work on my romance novel. I plotted for awhile in my journal, and ended up only actually writing for half an hour--but I churned out 500 words in that time, so that's somewhat respectable. Now I should go to bed so that I can slog through tomorrow; the weekend can't come fast enough!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wiki "snake alley"