Monday, January 22, 2007

try to slip past his defense, without granting innocence

Ho hum. I made it into work by seven this morning, where I had an interesting and occasionally contentious conference call, perhaps made more contentious by my typical early-morning foul mood. I recovered with breakfast and caffeine (apparently my habit of drinking Diet Coke for breakfast is looked on with some horror), then slogged my way through eleven and a half hours in the office. Then, I met up with Subz, and we watched 'The Queen'. I had been meaning to see it for months; it has inexplicably been playing at a local arthouse-style theatre for about four months, and so I decided that I should finally get around to seeing it before they took it away. I don't think Subz liked it very much, but I did; then again, I am mad about the monarchy. I never was a huge fan of Princess Di, since I thought she was annoying and vulgar, and I thought it was ridiculous that people went into such overwhelming displays of grief. Then again, I was one of those people who got up at three a.m. to watch the funeral live, so I suppose that makes me one of those people. I felt marginally guilty that I didn't do the same for Mother Teresa, who had the misfortune of dying the same week, but I've always been fascinated by monarchy.

Anyway, I really liked the movie, and I fully support all of the best actress awards that Helen Mirren is receiving--she was fabulous. Now, though, it's time for me to stop thinking about it and go to bed, so that I can go into work early tomorrow. Goodnight!

1 comment:

Not Applicable said...

i need to get down to 105 so my boobs will disappear. that way priests will mistake me for a 12-yr-old boy. duh.