Thursday, February 15, 2007

don't stop believing

I should have come home and worked tonight, but true to my father's premonition, I procrastinated instead. It wasn't entirely my fault--Claude called to see if I wanted to have dinner, and since I was already heating up soup, I invited her over instead, and that resulted in watching a couple of hours' worth of TV with her. She left when 'Lost' came on, since I had warned her that I would have to watch it. 'Lost' was great tonight--they've definitely sucked me back in, alas. Addiction to anything is beyond my ability to manage right now; my company made the wise move of making me so busy that I can't think about anything else, which was smart of them. So, even though I'm beyond busy, I'm also beyond sleepy, so I'm going to go to bed and get a fresh start in the morning.

It's abundantly clear to me, and probably to everyone else who reads this blog, that I thrive in high-pressure, high-risk situations, particularly when the amount of chaos is high and the amount of actual payout is low. I'm just happy as a clam when I have to work 12-14 hours days, because then I feel like a good little capitalist worker bee, instead of fearing that I've turned into the hippie that my family so direly warned about when I moved to California. So, at least until the newness wears off with my new position (btw...my team named themselves 'Swamp Things', but only after I vetoed 'Swampalicious'), I'll probably be quite chipper. It's only when I start looking for another new challenge that things will get bleak. Now, though, it's time for bed!

Editors' Note: to the people discussing the bacon-wrapped figs--I misspoke from sheer exhaustion, and they're actually bacon-wrapped dates. Iberia calls them 'datiles endiablados', for 'devilled dates'. As for what happened to Fig, I do not know--but I need to put the dating show on DVD for posterity.

1 comment:

f...... said...

yes! please get those dating videos online. i've never seen them but have heard all about them =(