Friday, February 23, 2007

they're gonna make a movie from the things that they find crawling 'round my brain

Clearly I drank a little too much of the kool-aid at the offsite yesterday, given that it's 11:36pm and I'm still sitting at my desk at work. Around five p.m., I really just wanted to go home, but then I had half a glass of champagne at a team meeting (my group turned five today!) and was feeling just warm enough inside about all of our accomplishments that I decided to power through some stuff. I had a couple of v. productive conversations with people who were still around in the office, settled down to get through a bunch of emails (I sent 25 after six p.m., which doesn't include the work that many of them required), and then packed up my desk since we're switching buildings over the weekend. Suddenly, it's almost midnight, and I don't know where the night went or why I never wanted dinner.

Anyway, since all I did today was work, I have nothing particularly exciting to report. This weekend should be slightly fun; I have plans every night and a class on Saturday, so it probably won't be entirely relaxing, but that's fine. As long as I get to sleep for more than eight hours one night this weekend, I'll be happy--perhaps not satisfied or rested, but happy. Next week looks like it will be more of the same, starting with having to be in the office at 6:15am on Monday--awful!! I'm so glad I don't work someplace where I always have to come in at seven, I would die. And on that cheerful note, it's time to go home and go to bed!

No comments: