Tuesday, February 06, 2007

touch me baby tainted love

Hmm. I am drunky drunk, if I am to be quite honest with you, but I prefer lying. If I were to tell you the truth, then I would tell you that I started drinking vodka cranberries with Nathan (yes, Nathan) at around seven p.m., and have drank steadily for the past six hours. However, since I am lying to you, I will tell you that I was perfectly sober and professional for the entire day. That means that you can be quite impressed with my professionalism. However, I feel obliged to tell you that I am not being entirely truthful with you. Despite all that, I am trying my best to correct my typos, which puts me a step ahead of the blog posts from ski trips past.

I am in Tahoe; I got here around four p.m., after sleeping in and then leaving for Tahoe around noon. I don't feel that I missed out by delaying my arrival; since I don't ski, there is little of interest to me before the evening festivities start. However, I made the mistake of drinking the amount that I would drink on a normal evening at sea level, rather than the amount that I should drink at altitude. Will I ever learn? Probably not.

My inhibitions are gone, and so theoretically I could tell you all manners of things that I normally don't divulge, but there is still a small part of me that is governing the whole, and so I shall refrain. Therefore, before I get myself into trouble, I shall go to bed. To my nieces and nephew (and impressionable young cousin)--I did not reach this dissipated, alcholic state until I was legal to do so, and so you should not take Aunt/cousin Sara as your example until you are at least 21. To the rest of you--go out and have a vodka w/cranberry juice, it will make you happy. And now, it's time for bed! Tomorrow will be brutal, but I shall pay the wages of my sins with equanimity.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I'm glad you had fun getting wrecked with Nathan :)