Thursday, March 01, 2007

you're still gone gone gone

Man, this week feels like it will never end. I can't believe that it's only Wednesday--it's probably unbelievable because I've worked ~40 hours already. Yesterday, I was in the office until 9:30pm and then came home and wrapped up a couple of other things. Today, I had to get in at eight a.m., and I almost fell asleep in our papasan this afternoon while I was trying to answer emails, but I pulled myself together. I left work at 6:15 today (shocking!) to go to a management social hour thing at the Old Pro in Palo Alto; there was tons of food, and they had booked the mechanical bull for the entire evening, but I snuck out after 45 minutes to go to the Oasis (a much more dive-style bar) to celebrate Claudia's birthday.

I had a rollicking good time there; attendees included Vidya, Sri, Oniel, Zach, and John, and I believe that a good time was had by all. Claude spent most of the night with her coworkers at the other end of the table, while we talked about how John's sister's dog licks food out of his nephew's mouth. Ugh! Anyway, it was very nice to see everyone and have family time, although Adit missed out on the family time festivities. It does feel like we're on the verge of the end of an era, since Zach and John are both getting married in May, and Zach and Claude will most likely move to different cities over the summer to pursue post-grad and graduate work respectively. So we celebrated the impending end in typical fashion--telling gross stories and quoting Limp Bizkit's 'Break Stuff'. Fun!

Now, it's beyond time for me to go to bed; I have to be at work tomorrow at eight a.m., which is admittedly 90 minutes later than I came in on Monday, but 90 minutes earlier than I prefer to come in. Boo. I jus tneed to push as hard as I can for the next two days so that I can do absolutely nothing over the weekend. Goodnight!

No comments: