Thursday, March 01, 2007

i will love you forever and a day

I am freakin' exhausted. You can tell that I've reached that trance-like state of work-work-work that I seem to get into every ~4 months, since I was in the office for twelve hours yet again today. I was so tired this afternoon that I actually closed a spreadsheet I was working on without saving it, which I never do; luckily it was small and it only took me ~10 minutes to recreate it, but I was still v. annoyed. However, I took a break to have dinner with my friend Joann; she switched teams a year or two ago, and so I never see her anymore, but she was recently promoted to team lead as well, so we were commiserating on our newly-managerial statuses. We also had dinner at the same small-plates cafe that I ate at a few weeks ago and raved about; they weren't serving kangaroo tonight, but there was a chicken dish with a delicious cream sauce, some great garlic mashed potatoes, a crab risotto that I liked quite a bit, and perfectly-steamed green beans w/garlic and onions. Mmmmm. I really should eat at work for dinner more often, since it's free and awesome. This is particularly true since I have to drive through main campus now to get to the freeway when I go home, and I drive right by at least three cafes that are open for dinner. Then again, it's very appealing to just go straight home and crash, so I may not follow through on this realization.

Anyway, I'm typing this at work so that I can leave my laptop here (to avoid the temptation of opening my laptop again when I go home), then I'm going home and going straight to bed. I could easily find four more hours of work that I really should do by tomorrow, but it ain't gonna happen, so I should just throw in the towel.

Despite all this, I'm not exactly miserable--and I felt an earthquake tonight! It was awesome! There was this random jolt, followed by some gentle rocking, and every free-hanging thing in my office swung just a bit. I im'd Oniel to see if he felt it, and he expressed relief at the knowledge that he wasn't just imagining things. Since he lives in the East Bay and I am on the peninsula, the earthquake must have had some travelling power; according to the geological survey people, it was a ~4 magnitude earthquake somewhere in the north-east bay. Pretty cool, eh?

Now it's time to go home and go to bed! Goodnight!

3 comments:

~Wamp said...

Shit... I have got to get my ESP under control. I had a premonition of the quake, and things have been really weird for me lately on thinking things that then happen. Glad you are ok though.

f...... said...

dang. is it sad that i'm jealous that you got to experience an earthquake?

Anonymous said...

I would be glad to take an earthquake right now. Better then frigid temps, hurricane winds and blinding snow at times. Was a beautiful day today so things must be getting closer to SPRING and Summer. Glad you are okay. See you in a couple of months.