Sunday, March 25, 2007

i'd break the back of love for you

It's ridiculously easy to take a photo on my BlackBerry (what I'm now calling my SwampBerry) and send it to my blog, as evidenced by the grainy photo that I took at dim sum this morning and posted below. I'm going to have to try SwampBerry photo blogging more often--I think it could jazz the place up a bit, don't you? I realize that this photo doesn't have great quality, but it's because I had to use 3x zoom and be surreptitious to take a picture of a stranger in a restaurant (particularly since this stranger, in person, looked like he could send me to the gas chamber).

This morning I woke up of my own volition around 8:30am--this whole growing-up thing sucks, since I'm starting to wake up early on the weekends even though I want to sleep in. I got out of bed at 9:30, showered, then drove to Woodside to pick up Shedletsky. We went up to the opium lounge for dim sum, where was had a veritable shrimp massacre--between the two of us, we had two orders of steamed shrimp in bean curd, one deep fried shrimp in bean curd, one deep fried shrimp with mayonnaise, and one har gar (aka shrimp dumpling aka shrimp families, so named because it's like a whole family of shrimp wrapped in a delicious ball of goodness). We had a good time, although I was sad that Tammy wasn't there to partake in the festivities :(

I came home and wanted to rub my belly for awhile before taking a nap, but I ended up spending ~4hours on the phone. This was quite strange, since I usually try to spend no more than four minutes on the phone unless I'm talking to my parents, but it was special circumstances--I spent 90 minutes on the phone w/my parents, ~25 minutes on the phone w/my nephew and nieces (happy birthday Zane! my nephew is thirteen today!), and and hour and a half on the phone with Katie, the queen of my heart and captain of my soul. Okay, perhaps that's an unnecessary exaggeration (particularly since I typed it, rather than saying it in an overly-gay faux-British accent), but it was great to talk to her--we hadn't caught up in ages, and we talked until I thought my bladder would burst (since I'd made two cups of tea during the convo), so we finally parted ways.

After catching up on Katie's life and reminiscing about our hometown and Walker, Texas Ranger, I went into the office and worked for an hour or so. Then, I met Vidya in San Jose for a v. leisurely dinner at this Thai place downtown. San Jose's downtown is strange; they've put so much effort into revitalizing it, and it all looks v. nice, but there's never anyone there, and the nice downtown areas are only a few blocks away from some places that feel genuinely seedy (and that I got vaguely lost in for a few minutes, since the ramp that I wanted to get on the freeway with was closed, and the detour was confusing). Having dinner w/Vidya was nice, and I feel like I relaxed enough this weekend to vaguely prepare me for the brutal slogging ahead. Hopefully this week won't be too bad, but given the various ridiculous things going on with some of my working relationships, I'm not holding my breath. So, I think I'll go to bed--and take my allergy medicine, which I have a bad habit of not doing even though I really should take it all the time, and the consequence is that I end up with a cough deep in my lungs that won't go away. The cough developed spontaneously over the weekend, so I'm hoping that my Allegra/Singulair cocktail will cure it--otherwise I'll have to move on to the whiskey cocktail, which isn't the same at all. Goodnight!

No comments: