Thursday, March 29, 2007

need for speed

No, I don't mean that I need methamphetamine, although it would probably help keep me awake. Instead, I'm referring to go-kart racing--it's awesome! I had a team offsite this afternoon; it's rather unfortunate that the go-kart place only allows people to go timed laps without passing eahc other, since it would probably be even more fun to be racing all at once. I did two five-lap runs, for a total of ten laps; my best time was 60 seconds. I was trying to get under sixty, but on my final lap the girl ahead of me was so slow that I caught her and had to slow down since I couldn't pass, so that pretty much sucked. 60 seconds was still respectable, though; I saw a few people around 58 seconds, and a lot of people in the 65-80 range, so I felt pretty good. Now, though, my arms are slightly sore from steering aggressively without power steering, and I had to remind myself that my Pontiac Sunfire is not a go-kart when I was driving back to the office, but I still had fun.

The rest of the offsite was pretty uneventful; I could have played minigolf, but I didn't. I did get to play DDR for a few minutes, but I'm clearly out of practice given that I got a D on 'Butterfly' :( I had some pizza, hung out, and went back to the office around seven p.m. I was going to get some work done there, but instead I talked to my parents for quite awhile before coming home. I did some work here (not enough, but it's never enough), and now I'm going to go to bed. I have a conference call at 8am tomorrow, which is always fun--and my days have turned into endless blocks of meetings, which is truly unfortunate. Oh, well, at least I'm not bored. Goodnight!

No comments: