Monday, March 19, 2007

she knows where to hide in the dark

I was going to catch you up on my entire weekend, plus the sales conference, plus all of the pondering that I have done recently. But, that would take a long time, and you probably only skim these posts to see if I mention you, so this wouldn't do anyone any good. I would have had more time to blog, but I went over to Shedletsky and Joanna's around seven, and stayed there until 11:30; we ate dinner, then played this game called 'Illuminati', which turned out to be really boring and annoying. However, I had fun hanging out in general, and Shedletsky and I have made an impeccable commitment to have dim sum next weekend.

In case you don't know, and impeccable commitment is one that you make with a firm deadline, and that you will keep no matter what; if you find that you can't keep it, you have to renegotiate and let the other person know ahead of time. This is something that was discussed at the sales conference, and it was all v. interesting in a v. managerial sort of way. Perhaps I shall discuss more about this at another time, but for now I shall move on.

This weekend was nice; yesterday I spent most of the afternoon w/Claude, who dragged me up to the evil city with the promise of dim sum--she had to pick up tickets from a stranger, and said that we could have dim sum on the way back, but by the time we got back to Millbrae, dim sum was over, so we ate at Peter's Cafe instead. That was acceptable, since I had the best tuna melt ever, but it wasn't dim sum. Then, we saw '300' with Oniel--I freaking loved that movie! I mostly loved it because it was like a shorter, more ridiculous 'Lord of the Rings', with much more muscular guys (the 'New York Times' review said that it was enjoyable if you like 'prime Spartan porterhouse', which I apparently do). Also, the Brazilian dude (Rodrigo Santoro) who plays the soulful Spanish guy in 'Love Actually' and is a bit character in this season of 'Lost' was somehow changed into a seven-and-a-half-foot version of Xerxes, absolutely covered in gold and piercings and eyeliner. He basically looked like the hottest drag queen ever, and he attempted to seduce the Spartan king Leonidas into surrendering by giving him a rather creepy massage. Okay, so perhaps I'm not explaining the movie very well. But, if you like muscular guys covered in each others' blood, then this is the movie for you. Oniel wasn't a huge fan, but I thought it was fantastic.

Today, I paid a woman to pour acid on my face (in other words, got another glycolic peel), then bought a new phone. I am now a member of the BlackBerry (aka CrackBerry) club, but my BlackBerry is sleek, small, and crimson red, which makes it slightly more acceptable. So far I think it's wonderful, but I haven't really learned all of its features. I cleaned my room and talked to my parents, then went to Shedletsky's, and you know the rest. It promises to be another ridiculously busy week at work, so I should really go to bed--goodnight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She may be a star, but you haven't won any awards in the past week. Loser.