Monday, April 23, 2007

i'll rid you of possessions fleeting

It's back to the grind in California--although I really can't complain, since I only have seven days in the office before I go on vacation. Due to jet lag, I woke up at 3am and 4:30am convinced that it was time to get up; when I woke up at 6:15am, I decided to give in to fate and get out of bed. I played DDR for half an hour (that counts as working out, right? I need to start doing that again), then showered, then spent half an hour blow-drying my hair. I still made it into the office around 8am, which is an hour earlier than I would have normally gone in, particularly on the Monday after an eventful weekend.

I should probably pursue this course of action more often--it was nice to have time to eat breakfast and check email before going through my endless stream of meetings. Even better, I got tons of compliments on my hair--which either means that it looked really nice today, or it normally looks like crap. It's probably a combination of the two, since I usually drag myself in with wet hair jeans and a sweatshirt, and minimal makeup approximately one minute before my first meeting of the day. Today, by contrast, I arrived an hour early, with hair that I had prepped using root booster, mousse, and styling gel (and two different sizes of round brushes while drying), a very cute crocheted sweater over a camisole w/lace trim, and my bling-bling Versace sunglasses. Whether I can keep this up remains to be seen, but it was nice to feel like I looked nice, so perhaps I'll put in some effort going forward.

Now, though, it's time for bed - I hit the wall around 2pm today and didn't really recover, so I'm going to crash. Goodnight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

where is the picture?