Monday, April 02, 2007

tear us in two, is all it's gonna do

Yesterday, I had a v. lazy day, so I can't come up with a justification for not blogging. I got up late, had a sandwich, then got a massage and a glycolic peel. The spa wasn't the most relaxing thing ever; rather than being treated by a woman, I was submitted to the tender ministrations of a sixty-year-old dude named Igor, who hailed from St. Petersburg. It was v. strange; obviously nothing untoward happened (and he didn't get as frisky and inappropriate as the woman who massaged my breasts during the facial I got in Delhi), but I don't think I like being massaged by guys.

Afterwards, the glycolic peel was also mildly uncomfortable--I mean, I expect the acid part of it to be uncomfortable, but the woman did some extractions first, and she was pushing so hard on my nose that I was afraid she would shove it up into my brain and kill me instantly. Luckily she didn't quite reach that point, so I left mostly intact (except for the top two layers of my face, which were sacrificed on the altar of vanity). I came home and did nothing else except read a romance novel the rest of the day.

Today my blackberry played an April Fool's joke on me--I set my alarm for 8:20, woke up feeling less rested than expected, showered, and was about to leave for the city when I discovered that my blackberry had sprung forward as though daylight savings was starting today instead of a couple of weeks ago. So I sat, surly, on the couch watching music videos for an hour, bitter at my lack of sleep.

I followed my lack of sleep up with a trip to the city, which was surprisingly fun given how much I despise that place. I met up with Heather, Salim, and Lauren, and we had a delicious brunch, and then I hung out with Heather and Salim in their apartment for a couple of hours. It was great; then I came home and cleaned my apartment, did laundry, talked to my parents, welcomed Vidya (who's staying over), turned on my laptop at 10pm to discover that I completely forgot/avoided to do two things that had to be done this weekend, so worked until 1am. Great way to end the weekend, eh?

It's amazing how much you can get done on a weekend day if you wake up before noon--I never realized what I was missing. Now, though, what I'm missing is sleep, so it's time to go to bed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought you would write about planet earth! I an typing this from my phone, since my pc is still broken!