Friday, June 29, 2007

i should have shut my mouth, things headed south

I'm exhausted, so I think I'm going to go to bed after I write this, even though it's only nine p.m. on a Friday. Today was a bittersweet day; it's the end of the quarter and the official end of my previous job, and so I had to pack my boxes and get ready to move out of my awesome office. When I come in on Monday, I'll be in a different office, on a different floor, working full-time with a different team. Today actually felt quite a bit like the last day of a year in college - the nice feeling of accomplishment, thankfulness that the current situation is over, but serious nostalgia for all the great times of the past several months. For all the frustrations that I've felt at work over the past few months, I really loved the team that I was on, and I also really enjoyed sharing an office with Gyre. We'll hopefully keep hanging out, but I'm not holding my breath. We had a ritual of rolling these horoscope dice every day, which were amusing and frightfully accurate - one 12-sided die has all of the signs of the zodiac, and the other has 12 different fates, with the idea being that you will experience that fate with someone of the zodiac sign that you roll. This afternoon, I suggested rolling them one last time to determine the course of the rest of our lives. He rolled a Libra and 'work' - which is the sign of his unborn child, and he will probably end up working for that kid forever. I rolled an Aries (his sign) and 'conflict', which was pretty much perfect. Seeing the Aries/conflict combo made me laugh so hard that Terry could hear me on the floor below, which was embarrassing and also awesome.

After work, I had dinner with Shedletsky, came home, watched some Guns 'n' Roses videos in an attempt to motivate myself to do some work, and failed. So I'm going to go to bed - I have to go into the office for several hours tomorrow to do some testing for a project I'm working on, and I have enough work to occupy me the entire day. Boo. Sleeping will be nice, though. Goodnight!

No comments: