Tuesday, June 26, 2007

sweet child o' mine

Tonight was the quarterly offsite for my particular management level at work, and this quarter's offsite was a private karaoke party at Blue Chalk in Palo Alto. It was *awesome*...I sang not one, but three of my favorite songs ('Livin' on a Prayer', 'Walk Like an Egyptian', and 'Sweet Child o' Mine'...as well as 'Cecilia' w/a group of people), and everyone picked really fun songs to sing along to. Everyone in that group has been ridiculously busy and stressed over the past few weeks, and it was clear that we all needed to unwind, so karaoke was a pretty good way to go. Unfortunately my ears are now ringing and my throat feels a little scratchy, but it was totally worth it.

The rest of the day was pretty good too; I didn't feel like doing anything during my free hour or two this afternoon, so I ended up packing up my office, and Gyre and I were totally obnoxious in our attempts to blind each other by using reflective objects to shine light into each others' eyes. I also took a two-hour lunch with the smaller group of managers on my particular team; the six of us went out for Mexican food, where I was once again distressed by the fact that I can't eat raw tomatoes. However, in terms of days at work, this has been the best one in awhile. There's tons of stuff that I should do tonight, but I think I'm going to bask in my Guns 'n' Roses afterglow and go to bed instead. Goodnight!

No comments: