Sunday, July 01, 2007

you found me passed out in the yard again

After going to bed last night, I slept for eleven hours straight, which I apparently needed, given how tired I already feel again. I made it into work at 10am, where I stayed for ~4 hours to do some testing stuff that required my presence. I ran home to drop my stuff out, and then had an unproductive couple of hours in which I had intended to buy some presents for some people and some decorations for my new office, but after visiting four stores, I purchased nothing. Boo. That means that I will have to do some shopping tomorrow, in addition to tackling my rather desperate laundry situation, talking to my parents, doing some pressing/vital work, and having dim sum and hanging out with Claude and her brother. Hmm - that sounds like more than I can possible complete. We'll have to see how it goes, I suppose.

The nice part of today was that I reconnected with a guy whom I went to summer camp with in high school. He was a fellow TASPer, and also hosted me and several others when we reunited at Mardi Gras my senior year of high school, but we had lost touch when I was in college, since I was terrible at keeping in touch with old friends (Katie can attest to this, alas). However, he discovered that I was in the area and made contact, so I had dinner with him and his fiancee, before going back to their place and playing a board game. I had a really nice time, with very little of the awkwardness that you would expect while seeing someone for only the second time in the past eight years, so hopefully we'll hang out again. It's a huge advantage that he lives in Mountain View, since all of my other friends are leaving me (sniff), which bodes well for the future.

Okay, I'm going to go to bed; Claude's coming over at 10am, which only gives me nine hours to sleep tonight. Rough! Have a great night!

No comments: