Monday, July 16, 2007

if this old heart could talk, it'd say 'you're the one'

I had a pretty decent weekend, all things considering. When I finished up with my executive coach on Friday, she said 'what's one fun thing you're going to do this weekend?' and I completely blanked - I had absolutely no plans other than to work. She was v. disappointed in me and said that the next time we talked, I needed to have a plan for one fun thing.

Luckily the weekend didn't turn out quite that bleak, mostly because I was feeling lazy. It was still productive, just not productive for my job - I spent most of yesterday afternoon cleaning up my apartment and sorting my clothes, and I did laundry and washed my car today. I also did not one, but TWO fun things - I had dinner with John and Jess last night, and I had dinner with Terry tonight. I guess I did three fun things if you count talking to my parents, who have suddenly turned into my grandparents before my eyes - they now have multiple cordless handsets for their phone, and so they were both on the line listening, just like my grandparents used to do. Weird.

Granted, I went into the office for a couple of hours this afternoon, and when I got home from dinner, I worked until now (not v. productively, because the task I was doing was boring and unpleasant, but it was still work). However, the weekend was much more relaxing than it could have been, even if I'm not exactly looking forward to the week ahead. Now I should really go to bed so that I can get into work somewhat early and accomplish some of the things that I should have done this weekend. Goodnight!

3 comments:

~Wamp said...

Holy crap – I thought the same thing the first time they did the 2 phone thing with me!

Not Applicable said...

one fun thing you could do some weekend - come down and visit me. we can drive up to LA - or down to mexico!

Anonymous said...

See brother and sister dear it is like a conference call speacially if they are in different rooms of the house...lol...Love you both